- To explore a range of processes and techniques through experimentation and creativity.
- To engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
- To provide a range of opportunities for all pupils to develop their potential in Art and Design.
- To explore a range of traditional and new media and learn to appreciate the appropriateness of each.
- To use art to teach a better understanding of different cultures and communities.
- KS2 provided with two hours of Art each fortnight and KS3 provided with three hours of Art each fortnight.
- Sequential skills development, building on prior learning and preparing students for future challenges in Key Stage 3 and 4.
- A range of extra-curricular groups available to all, to allow pupils to explore and discover additional art forms and ways of working.
- Reflective practice and regular student voice questionnaires to ensure the intent suits the interests and needs of students.
- Measured through regular outcome-based assessments each term, that include a range of techniques and materials.
- Pupils provided with a visual tracker to be able to see their progress throughout the term.
- Pupil discussions, oracy tasks and group critiques to gain a greater understanding of how others learn/work.
- Key assessment vocabulary used to reflect future learning and assessment objectives at KS4.
- Monitoring and moderation of work by other local middle schools.